Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Its Getting Darker

The clocks have been moved ahead which now makes getting up in the morning a bit more difficult...the sun no longer shines in my bedroom window when I need it too. The darkness of the hour I need to rise is all consuming.

As we are on this journey called Lent, I was thinking last week, how it is about half-way over. We are on the upswing to the end of this difficult road...Easter is getting closer! I was looking at this Lenten journey with post resurrection eyes filled with hope that Easter is coming. Then I recalled how the darkest hour has not even come yet. I pondered the walk the disciples had taken with Jesus in his suffering. I ponder Mary, the mother of Jesus as she witnessed so much betrayal and the cruel death of her son.

No, my friends, just because Lent is half over, does not mean the road gets easier and brighter as we approach Easter. On the contrary, the road is getting darker and more difficult as we approach Good Friday, the darkest hour of all...

No comments: