Thursday, May 20, 2010

Anticipate or Participate?

I recently participated as a team member on a Walk To Emmaus weekend and wish to share some insight that was revealed to me through this experience. A saying one often hears before attending this 72 hour retreat is "Don't anticipate, just participate!" This truly is good advice for this experience, yet as the weekend went on, I found myself anticipating what God would reveal to me over the course of the weekend. I became anxious and impatient to hear an answer of clarification in a certain aspect of my life. It was soon revealed to me that I had become so focused on what my future held that I was not fully participating where I have been placed. I must give of my whole self to participate fully where I am.

"Don't anticipate, just participate" is not just a saying in the Emmaus Community. This is a day to day reminder to me that God is in charge every moment of my life, so why not participate in it with Him??!

I share this with you in light of worship. Let us come together in worship without expectations or anticipations. Let us participate in worship in the giving of ourselves with open hearts and minds. Yes! As we participate in such a way, God's blessings do flow! Praise be to God!

On May 30th, we begin a new opportunity for worship at 8:30 am! If 10:00am is difficult for you, a friend or neighbor to attend, please start your Sabbath day off at 8:30! Share the news!!

Peace,
Tina

No comments: